The biggest news for Volvo in the 2022 model year cannot be considered news because of the brand’s long-standing reputation for safety. The Swedish brand, backed by a Chinese multinational, has won 13 Top Safety Pick + Awards from IIHS, considered by many to be the toughest safety award in the United States, with each model tested being the only brand with Genesis and its six models. . It appreciates the safety of every vehicle sold.
In addition to maintaining its reputation for safety, Volvo continues to honor its commitment to electrify the entire lineup. Volvo 2022 has entered the model year with a plug-in hybrid or electric variant on all models except its Wagon family, which has 48-volt light-hybrid technology. PHEV and BEV models are distinguished by recharge names By 2030, Volvo plans to become fully electric and will finish developing and selling new cars powered by internal combustion engines.
This iteration of the Volvo car can be considered as the next generation of automotive bridge generation, but it cannot be ignored. Instead, it is crucial for Volvo to do it right and move consumers from reliance on engines to confidence in electrification, in its many iterations.
Take a look at what’s new for Volvo here, beyond its superior security rating.
2022 C40 recharge
– Volvo’s first electric car sold only as a BEV and without a gas-powered replica.
– Based on the XC40 recharge and like the Polyester 2, the C40 recharge hatchback uses a 78-kwh lithium ion battery pack and a motor on both axles that combine to produce 402 hp and 486 lb-ft of torque.
– Volvo cites an EPA-estimated range of 225 miles and 0-60 miles per hour of 4.5 seconds.
– A C40 Recharge on a 150-kw DC Fast Charger should be able to recharge from 10% to 80% in 37 minutes.
– Standard features include a 9.0-inch touchscreen running on Google’s operating system, a heat pump, Herman Cardon sound and heated front and rear seats.
– Starting at just under $ 60,000.
2022 Volvo XC60
2022 Volvo XC60
– The five-seat crossover SUV has an updated exterior and an internal feature with a 12.3-inch touchscreen running on an Android-based (Google) operating system.
– All XC60 features 48-volt light-hybrid technology that saves reproducible braking power.
– The XC60 Recharge Plug-in Hybrid features a large battery pack from 11.6 kwh to 18.7 kwh; The electric driving range is improved from 19 to 32 miles; Accelerated acceleration is complemented by one-pedal driving, which is rare for PHEV.
– The XC60 Recharge has a turbocharged and supercharged inline-4 gas engine and a large motor with rear axle that produces 455 hp and 523 lb-ft (from 400 hp and 472 lb-ft in the 2021 model).
2022 Volvo XC40
– The XC40 Rechargeable electric crossover boost ranges from 208 to 223 miles, and the 2021 model has an efficiency rating of 85 MPGe instead of 79 MPGe.
– The XC40 Recharge includes a 75-kwh battery pack and dual-motor all-wheel drive, as well as the Android operating system and a standard surround-view camera system.
– The T4 and T5 2.0-liter turbo-4 gas models remain the same.
2022 Volvo S60
– Medium-sized sedan combines AWD with light-hybrid technology to boost fuel economy at 28 mpg.
– Volvo has lowered the base Turbo-4.
2022 Volvo S90
– The full size sedan gets the same behavior as the S60.
2022 Volvo V60 and V60 cross country wagon
2022 Volvo V90 and V90 cross country wagon
2022 Volvo XC90
– The expected redesign of the three-row SUV will come next year.